DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Deputy Head will be responsible for Government liaison, facilitating collaborative agricultural research partnerships in Central Asia and the Caucasus (CAC) Region and assist in day-to-day management of administrative, finance, research support, communications, IT and human resources functions of the Representative Office.
- Act as the liaison person in matters relating to the Host Country Government of Uzbekistan;
- Liaise with Governments and partners in other CAC countries, specifically on collaboration agreements, public relations and relations with Government officials, agencies, research and development partners;
- Facilitate and promote collaborative research partnerships in the CAC Region;
- Assist in day-to-day management of administrative, finance, research support, communications, IT and human resources functions;
- Contribute to planning, implementing and monitoring the activities in areas of technical and administrative competence, with focus on out-scaling of research outputs;
- Coordinate capacity building activities including group and individual training and study visit programs; assist in arranging training activities in the CAC Region; facilitate mobility of trainees, support development of training materials;
- Prepare reports on activities;
- Contribute to resource mobilization in the CAC Region;
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities, as and when required.